This site has documented my abject failure at this project during 2006 and 2007. This year may very well be different (he tells himself anyway).
And this is why I think so:
- Planning is starting in July. Not November.
- Have purchased Jer's Novel Writer. Last year I was using it, but perhaps the guilt of all the nag warnings got to me. Or not. Either way, it's a nice piece of software. Fun to use.
- Found a nice (if old and pre-NaNo) article that is going to help me do the brainstorm.
- Third time lucky.
- Do a rough outline (using above article) straight away. Perhaps this weekend, and with the boys if they are going to have another go this year.
- Fill in details. Do character profiles. Articles on worldview, history, politics, whatever I can think of to get the creative juices going.
- Do a complete chapter-by-chapter outline and match it to a day-by-day writing schedule.
- Fit in room for error in above.
- Repeat the above until 1 November 2008.