Original Source: Super Food Ideas May 2009
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 teaspoons black loose-leaf tea
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1250mL water
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- ground nutmeg to serve
- Place peppercorns, cloves and cardamom pods into thermomix bowl. Grind for a few seconds on speed 10.
- Add tea, vanilla, cinnamon and water. Cook at 100C for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a separate container. Rinse TM bowl then put tea back in. Add milk powder and sugar.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 70C on speed 4 or until frothy.
- Pour into mugs or Irish coffee glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg, serve.
Number 2 son especially liked this. He fancies himself as a bit of a tea drinker. It was a bit too sweet for me, but as I understand it, Masala Chai is supposed to be sickly sweet. But you could easily halve the sugar without any problems.
And just a note: I highly recommend the Super Food Ideas magazine. It's quite inexpensive and there's always good looking recipes in it.