My all around workload is significantly reduced this year and it is my very great desire to actually get an RPG campaign off the ground.
This post is just going in here for me to send links to potential players so ignore it as you will. On the other hand, feel free to comment or even put your hand up for a spot.
Here's my thinking so far:
- Planning to start probably early April. I'm still looking for a rental at the moment so I'm giving myself plenty of time to get into a new house and then get organised too. Thinking of fortnightly sessions probably on Fridays nights. I don't think I will have any problem getting a full table (I have three sons and a brother who are very likely player candidates) but I am keen to try my hand at some G+ Hangout sessions. This may just be a way to get extra players to the game or I might think about running secondary sessions through Hangouts only.
- System is yet to be set. I'm keen to use something that everyone can get access to the rules to easily and freely. Most potential players have some D&D experience so I'm thinking Swords & Wizardry (OD&D), Labyrinth Lord (Classic aka "Basic" D&D) or OSRIC (1E AD&D), all well house-ruled. Alternatively we could go for something rules-light like Risus or I also wouldn't mind getting to try Fate Core (or FAE). Let me know your own preferences in the comments or contact me directly.
- I'm open to other suggestions but I'm thinking that I will set the campaign in a pseudo-historical Earth setting that has been taking form in my mind (on and off) over the last many years. Thinking of centring everything around a megadungeon of some sort. Might even use the early releases of Dwimmermount.
- I've got some big ideas about communication during the campaign and I would like to make a nice central place for discussion outside of game time.
I'm thinking of a G+ community but if we all just added each other to a "Game" circle that would probably work just as well. In case you haven't noticed a pattern yet, it might be worthwhile setting up a Google+ account if you haven't yet, between hangouts and communications I'm planning to make good use of it. EDIT: Of course, Google Plus no longer exists, so this no longer makes sense...
- That's as far as I've got... So please add to the comments, let me know what you think or what you want. Game on.